Saturday, March 6, 2010

Creative


We were 24 seconds away for the gold medal. We couldn’t let the country down again. The stadium was roaring “Go Canada Go… Go Canada Go” they were getting louder and louder, but in a split second it went silent. The puck was behind me I had let it in. 60 minutes of game time had gone to waste. We would have to fight harder, dig deeper, and hang in a little longer. It was the peak of my career. We were now in to OT and there was no room for error, I needed to keep focused, minutes felt like hours and each time the puck had been in our zone it made my stomach turn. Crosby had the puck going hard to the net, but had the doors closed on him by 2 defenders. The puck went to Iginla, Iginla set it back to Crosby, and Crosby shoots, he scores. We had won the gold. It was over, I threw my arms up skating over to the rest of the team, I had never felt anything like this before. Winning a gold medal in the Vancouver 2010 Olympics is greater achievement then the winning the Stanly cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment